This Father’s Day, perhaps Dad could do without another “new” tie, power tool, or useless gadget…but maybe what he could really use is a little relaxation!
Get Dad the pampering he deserves with a:
- 60 minute therapeutic massage
- detox steam-room therapy
- neuromuscular evaluation
Our Father’s Day Special is only $49 (regular price: $80…that’s a 38% discount!).
And…don’t forget about yourself! If you call today, we’ll sweeten this deal and give you 25% off your next skincare visit.
Call 404-590-3922 to take advantage of this “DWC Insider” promotion (mention: FD13t). Availability is limited.
Have a happy and safe Father’s Day Weekend!
I travel to Atlanta often and found Dunwoody Wellness Center on Yelp and decided to give a try for a massage. I didn’t realize just how much I needed it until after it was over. My shoulders, neck and lower back felt lighter, less tense and allowed me to function like a normal person. I highly recommend the massage services and will likely be back again for routine chiropractic care and maybe even a facial….Great atmosphere and personable staff - a gem of a place.
The Benefits Of Massage
The Benefits Of Massage
What exactly are the benefits of receiving massage or bodywork treatments? Useful for all of the conditions listed below and more, massage can:
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow, the body’s natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ, the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles
- Release endorphins, amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine pain.
A Powerful Ally
There’s no denying the power of bodywork. Regardless of the adjectives we assign to it (pampering, rejuvenating, therapeutic) or the reasons we seek it out (a luxurious treat, stress relief, pain management), massage therapy can be a powerful ally in your healthcare regimen.
Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress related. And perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than high stress. While eliminating anxiety and pressure altogether in this fast-paced world may be idealistic, massage can, without a doubt, help manage stress. This translates into:
- Decreased anxiety.
- Enhanced sleep quality.
- Greater energy.
- Improved concentration.
- Increased circulation.
- Reduced fatigue.
Furthermore, clients often report a sense of perspective and clarity after receiving a massage. The emotional balance bodywork provides can often be just as vital and valuable as the more tangible physical benefits.
In response to massage, specific physiological and chemical changes cascade throughout the body, with profound effects. Research shows that with massage:
- Arthritis sufferers note fewer aches and less stiffness and pain.
- Asthmatic children show better pulmonary function and increased peak air flow.
- Burn injury patients report reduced pain, itching, and anxiety.
- High blood pressure patients demonstrate lower diastolic blood pressure, anxiety, and stress hormones.
- Premenstrual syndrome sufferers have decreased water retention and cramping.
- Preterm infants have improved weight gain.
Research continues to show the enormous benefits of touch, which range from treating chronic diseases, neurological disorders, and injuries, to alleviating the tensions of modern lifestyles. Consequently, the medical community is actively embracing bodywork, and massage is becoming an integral part of hospice care and neonatal intensive care units. Many hospitals are also incorporating on-site massage practitioners and even spas to treat postsurgery or pain patients as part of the recovery process.
Increase the Benefits with Frequent Visits
Getting a massage can do you a world of good. And getting massage frequently can do even more. This is the beauty of bodywork. Taking part in this form of regularly scheduled self-care can play a huge part in how healthy you’ll be and how youthful you’ll remain with each passing year. Budgeting time and money for bodywork at consistent intervals is truly an investment in your health. And remember: just because massage feels like a pampering treat doesn’t mean it is any less therapeutic. Consider massage appointments a necessary piece of your health and wellness plan, and work with your practitioner to establish a treatment schedule that best meets your needs.
Review the clinical research studies examining the benefits of massage.
Review massage information from the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, a division of the National Institutes of Health.
FREE RADIESSE® SYRINGE PLUS
1/2 OFF MICRODERMABRASION TREATMENT.
PURCHASE A SYRINGE OF RADIESSE® FOR $650. AND BELOTERO® FOR $400, AND GET A SYRINGE OF RADIESSE® FREE PLUS 1/2 OFF MICRODERMABRASION TREATMENT.
PURCHASE NEUROTOXINS (Xeomin®/Botox®) for $10.00 per unit, AND GET $50 GIFT CERTIFICATE FOR YOUR NEXT TREATMENT.
A $630.00 SAVINGS! TO RECEIVE THIS FABULOUS OFFER SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT BY MAY 30, 2013
Dermal fillers, Radiesse® and Belotero® work together with microdermabrasion to restore loss off collagen and give a more natural appearance than a facelift.
As our skin ages, the dermis gradually looses collagen. Collagen acts as a major support system for our skin and allows our skin to stay firm and resist wrinkles. The goal is to return the dermis back to its original youthful state. By using dermal fillers, neurotoxins and microdermabrasion this goal can be achieved.
RADIESSE® is a very robust dermal filler that is popular for specific areas of the face, such as, the parentheses, jowls, cheeks and chins. Lasting 12 to 18 months.
Belotero® is a comprehensive filler for every kind of superficial wrinkle or scar. Injecting Belotero® over Radiesse® fills the skin out more effectively, giving a natural look and sets new standards in wrinkle correction. Lasting 12 to 14 months.